January 25, 2009

~Robyn's Art~

Thanks for reading!!!! How did you get started in crafting? I have always had creative outlets. When I was younger, it was writing. I have always written poetry, and have been working on a novel for awhile. When I was 19, my sister taught me how to do tole painting on wood. For several years, I had a wood shop and sold my tole painted items at craft shows. From there it went to cross stitch, some sewing, and pottery. A couple of years ago, I started oil painting. And now, photography, bookbinding, and jewelry making. What are some of the things that inspire you? For my photography, I usually get inspiration directly from nature. I see beauty in every aspect of nature. I recently have been doing a lot of macro, and it makes me look at the tiny details of everything. There is amazing beauty in the details! For my journals, my love of books inspires me always. And sometimes nature inspires me there as well (as with my journals with moss, pine needles, etc. in the cover). And finally, for my pendants—my photographs of course! What do you think would be the perfect project? I think the perfect project would be many people working towards one goal… to help someone…and each person involved bringing their own gifts to the project. Everyone working for the greater good, and everyone coming to it as artistic equals. How long have you been selling on Etsy, and how long have you done what you do? I have been on Etsy for about 3 months. I’ve taken photographs for years, but have only recently done so professionally. I’ve been bookbinding for less than a year, but have had a lifelong love for books. Selling your work on Etsy, or online in general, can mean a lot of competition. Are you intimidated by this? Not at all. Why or why not? I think that all artists have their talents. No one else can take away from that. My experience has been that artists are wonderful, nurturing people. I have met so many helpful people on Etsy, and online in general. Each time I struggle, someone is there to encourage me. This sort of environment does not lend itself to mean or hurtful acts. In my opinion, I’m in such a loving environment. Happy to be here, never intimidated. I would like to thank you for this opportunity! You are so welcome! Drop by Robynsart on Etsy to see more of her work!!!!!

2 comments:

No profanity