March 6, 2009

Dearest Inez,

Featuring Dearestinez!!!! Dearest Inez makes amazing things.... but I'll let you find that out yourself! How did you get started in crafting?
I've always had an interest in making things. I used to help my mom hem curtains and watch my mawmaw crochet. When I was little, I was obsessed with watching sewing shows on TV.
What are some of the things that inspire you?
I'm definitely inspired by my late grandmother, Inez. That's where the name for my line comes from, Dearest Inez. I like things that are old and feminine. Anything I could find inside or outside mawmaw's house.
What do you think would be the perfect project?
I would love to start making feminine house coats, but modernize them and make them as cute dresses.
How long have you been selling on Etsy, and how long have you done what you do?
I've been on Etsy since May 2007, but I have been running Dearest Inez since 2003. My Etsy stop gets taken down a lot between projects, as I run a brick and mortar shop and occasionally still get out to craft fairs.
Selling your work on Etsy, or online in general, can mean a lot of competition. Are you intiminated by this? Why or why not?
I'm not nearly as intimidated to sell online as I am to sell in person! Selling to shop owners or to customers directly seems so much more intimidating to me, but it may be because I am a little shy. It seems easier for me, personally, to put something online and deal with people in an environment where I can think (type and retype) before I speak.
You can also visit Dearestinez at http://dearestinez.com
Dearest Leaf Pin (moss)
Dearest Leaf Earrings Large (sage) Thank you so much for sharing!
~ The Creative Crafters

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity