March 13, 2009

Pixes Treasures

Featuring Pixes Treasure Chest!
How did you get started in crafting?
I've been doing some sort of craft for as long as I can remember! My Grammy taught me at an early age to crochet, and sew (which I still do)! Over the years I have done counted cross stitch, embroidery, made wreaths, candles. When my son was little, every year we would make homemade Christmas ornaments. I started making jewelry simply because I wasn't happy with what I found in stores, and didn't want to wear the same thing millions of other women were wearing!
What are some of the things that inspire you?
My two biggest forms of inspiration come from the natural world around me, and my messy studio. I have designed some really cool pieces while trying to clean up my workspace!!
SALE Sterling Silver Flower Earrings What do you think would be the perfect project?
Oh, this is easy!! It would be a gorgeous sterling silver, and American mined turquoise multistrand necklace. Something big and bold...and expensive! And for me alone!
How long have you been selling on Etsy, and how long have you done what you do?
I have been selling on Etsy since Sept. 2008. I started out selling on Ebay in Feb. 2008, but found it impersonal. When I found out about Etsy, I came right over! There are so many great people, and wonderful artists here!!
SALE Hill Tribe Silver Rose Earrings SALE Flutterby Earrings
Selling your work on Etsy, or online in general, can mean a lot of competition. Are you intiminated by this? Why or why not?
No, I'm not really. I realize that I'm fairly new, it takes time to build a following. Since each artist has their own distinct style, I think this caters to the many tastes out there. It's all about people finding you and your work!
SALE Amethyst Hoops
I am a Self Representing Artist in Jewelry Design, which means I support and promote handmade, and this helps assure my customers that my jewelry is indeed handmade, not mass produced! I also started a new line of jewelry for dogs...WoofWear Jewels...charms to put on your dog's collar!
Freeform Swirls Bracelet

My favorite is my Chrysanthemum Necklace...I had these gorgeous beads, started playing with them, and was surprised how beautifully they all came together! The necklace has a warm, earthy feel to it!

Thank you so much, Mich!

You can visit her blog at http://Pixe1.wordpress.com!

~ The Creative Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity