- I've crafted all of my life. Due to chronic health problems I had to give up my working carreer nine years ago and I have been designing and creating ever since.
What are some of the things that inspire you?
- My head is always overflowing with creative ideas (and has been, for as long as I can remember), so I don't have to go looking for inspiration. I usually start with some kind of material and imagine what I could make with that.
What do you think would be the perfect project?
-'The perfect project' is always the one I'm working on at the moment. And when I'm done there are always other 'perfect projects' waiting to be started. I truly love to create.
How long have you been selling on Etsy, and how long have you done what you do?
- I've been selling on Etsy since the end of June 2006.Like I said before: I've been creating for as long as I can remember. But what is new since I have my Etsy shop is the commercial side of it. Although I still only make things I love to make, I do think more about saleability of my products.
Selling your work on Etsy, or online in general, can mean a lot of competition. Are you intimidated by this? Why or why not?
- Not at all. Because I know that my creations are unique and stand out from the crowd. And because I'm confident about my designing and creating skills, the quality of my work and my representational skills. I know people love my work and will always love it. Not a very modest answer, but an honest one.What also helps in me being confident is that my Etsy earnings don't have to pay the bills. So if sales are a bit slow for a while, I don't have to worry about that.
Keychain Cell Phone Holder
- I love to inspire other people. I seem to do that with almost everyone I meet. People that haven't done anything creative since they were a child, start painting, drawing, or crafting after they've spend some time with me. I also love to stimulate children to be creative. I truly believe that creative spirits are the answer against violance, conflicts, etc. A creative mind is a positive mind, that loves building and sharing things, instead of fighting and destroying.Thank you so much!
You can visit BeaG's shop at http://beag.etsy.com/
~ The Creative Crafters