March 4, 2009

So Random!

Today's feature is about Randomocity, from Etsy, who sells gorgeous jewelry. Also- remember my sale *note- personal promotion- never be embarassed by it!*!!! I want some feedback- is there some other kind of daily or weekly feature that my readers would be interested in seeing? Tell me, and I'll see what we can do! You can comment on here with your ideas or e-mail creativecrafts@rocketmail.com. Anyway- please welcome Randomocity!!!
How did you get started in crafting?
I started creating jewelry when my husband got laid off and needed some extra money. Then I got addicted!
What are some of the things that inspire you?
Anything and everything-nothing is safe. The dollar store, a piece of art, some trash in the street, a commercial, a person, you name it!
Faustina Faustina
What do you think would be the perfect project?
Currently I am working on it-I am selling keychains locally to help fund Treats for Troops-it feels good to use my crafts to help people. One day I hope to do work for shelter animals.
Little Wing Turquoise Necklace
How long have you been selling on Etsy, and how long have you done what you do?

I have only been here since October 2008, and I am fairly new to jewelry making.

Well- I think you're jewelry is pretty professional lokoing for a newbie!

Selling your work on Etsy, or online in general, can mean a lot of competition. Are you intiminated by this? Why or why not?
There is a lot of competition, but I'm not intimidated. In fact, I appreciate that others who embrace the handmade lifestyle are having success. But I know that my stuff is very original, and you would be hard pressed to find duplicates of my work. It does mean, however, that I have to continually be coming up with new ideas that no one has ever seen before-that can be difficult.
What are some random things, about Randomocity, the person?
I obtained a BA in history, landed a job as a receptionist, and started making jewelry.....and I am in love with Mexico! :P
You can visit Randomocity at her Etsy shop, and also at her wonderful blog: http://www.randomocitytx.blogspot.com.
Thank you so much for your wonderful answers, and for your willingness to be interviewed. I hope all of you become as crazy about Randomocity's work as I have become.
Until next time~
~ The Creative Crafters

1 comment:

No profanity