February 6, 2009

Snowmen... and Snowmen.... and more Snowmen... and Audrey's Country Crafts!

Today's feature article is about Audrey from Audrey's Country Crafts. Audrey creates amazingly beautiful handmade folk paintings! How did you get started in crafting?
I was a stay-at-home mom and when our youngest son was about 2 years old I saw an ad in the local paper for beginner folkart painting classes. My husband was very supportive, thought it was a good way to get out of the house one evening a week and talk to adults. He didn't know it would become an addiction. I think he's sorry now. (LOL)
What are some of the things that inspire you?
Life, nature, snowmen!! I love to look at magazines, books, art, and other shops on the internet.
What do you think would be the perfect project?
Something that is useful/functional and has lots of snowmen. I love to do the jean blankets and paint them. I'm working on one with flip flops and another with snowmen.
How long have you been selling on Etsy, and how long have you done what you do?
I've been on Etsy since Sept/08. I've been crafting for 15 years now. I've done craft shows, rented spaces in the local mall and tried a web shop.
Selling your work on Etsy, or online in general, can mean a lot of competition. Are you intiminated by this? Why or why not?
Doesn't bother me at all. I love to look at other crafts even if they are close to what I do. If someone wants to buy my items - that's great!! But I have no problem supporting or even helping someone else sell their pieces. In fact I have a blog where I feature 2 Etsy shops/week and another one where I feature a shop that is having a give away. It's been great fun "meeting" more crafters and seeing all the wonderful shops on Etsy.
You can follow Audrey's work through her shop, main blog, and giveaway blog!
Thanks so much for readin- 'till tommorow~
~ The Creative Crafters

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the feature!! It looks great!
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete

No profanity